Sunday, April 10, 2016

Camera Gear

I've been reading everything I can get my hands on in anticipation of the trip.  Shoot I've even installed a countdown app on my iPhone, so I know exactly how long it will be before I'm living a dream!

Today I needed to tidy up my camera bag and while I was at it, decided to craft my plan for packing it for the trip. It will be my purse/carry on for the plane in addition to my soft sided duffle.
I have weight restrictions which I mentioned in an earlier post. The soft sided bag can weigh no more than 33 pounds and my carry on can weigh no more than 13 pounds.  

My large lens as well as my monopod will have to travel in the duffle bag due to their weight, but below is a photo of the contents of the bag followed by a list of the gear.


The list of gear:
  • DSLR camera body 
  • 18-200 mm zoom 
  • Polarizer filter for 18-200 mm lens
  • Lens Hood
  • 5 matched pairs of 32 Meg SD Cards
  • 2 matched pairs of 16 Meg SD Cards
  • Waterproof SD Card Holder
  • Apple SD Card Adapter
  • Lens cleaning kit
  • Lens cleaning papers
  • Sensor cleaning kit
  • Air Puffer
  • Microfiber cleaning clothes
  • Small LED flashlight
  • 3 batteries
  • Battery Charger
  • Rain hood for camera
  • Camera gloves (the index finger and thumb tops unbutton for easy access to camera controls)
  • iPad (for downloading photos and inflight entertainment)
  • 1 Tall Kitchen trash bag, to pop the whole camera bag in to protect from rain or dust.
  • Monopod (separate bag)
  • 70-400 mm zoom lens (separate bag)
  • UV Filter for the 70-400 mm lens (separate bag)
  • Lens Hood (separate bag)
  • Lens Case (separate bag)
I know this sounds like a lot of stuff, but I've limited it to what I feel are only the necessary items. 
I weighed the bag with it's contents and it was just under 11 pounds, so it will easily hold my iphone, earbuds, passport wallet, etc.




Additionally, I'll be taking my Lumix pocket camera with it's charger and a couple of extra batteries as a backup just in the event something malfunctions with the large DSLR.  It will be packed in my duffle.

Stay tuned for more preparation adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment